Parathyroid Fees and Medical Insurance
Parathyroid Surgery Fees and Insurance
WE ACCEPT AND WILL WORK WITH MOST MAJOR UNITED STATES INSURANCE PLANS
CHART PREPARATION FEE: We charge a one-time fee to the patient of $400 paid in advance for chart preparation. This involves the following steps:
- Obtaining from the patient, endocrinologist and private medical doctor all pertinent laboratory and imaging tests.
- Review of previous medical records by a panel of experts on diagnosis of primary hyperparathyroidism.
- Entry of data into our specialized electronic medical record and parathyroid database.
- Phone review with patient to discuss findings and to determine if you have parathyroid disease, how significant the hyperparathyroidism is and if you are a candidate for parathyroid surgery.
- If you are a surgical candidate, arrangements will be made for you to travel to the New York Center for Advanced Parathyroid Surgery.
LOCAL PATIENTS: Chart preparation fee is waived for local patients. Patients can contact the office and schedule an appointment with our doctor to review and/or order labs and diagnositic imaging. Patients will be responsible for co-pays and/or any insurance deductibles at the time of visit.
SURGERY FEE: We will obtain approval for surgery from your insurance company and discuss any out of pocket costs with you, dependent on your insurance plan, prior to the surgery, if you have United States Insurance.